The church of Ursi was built around 1757-1784. It was founded by a wealthy villager (Ion Danciu) and built by craftsmen, with ancient construction techniques. The structure, the cladding and the roofing are exclusively built in wood. After a damaging fire on 1838, the church was repaired and painted “al fresco” interior and exterior, by the craftsmen Gherghe, Nicolae and Ioan in 1843. Since 1913 the village has a new church – on masonry – and the old wooden church remain for the graveyard. Last repairing was made in 1943.