FIND is an innovative cultural laboratory supported by NYU Abu Dhabi that forms intersections and dialogues between artists, writers, scholars, designers, technologists and the UAE landscape in both a historical and contemporary context. Through the production of art, stories, scholarship, workshops, and analogue and digital initiatives, we engage Emiratis, UAE residents, and the world with reflections of the UAE.
* FIND looks for opportunities to document the UAE from the inside out and the outside in by creating intersections and dialogues between people who have been meaningfully engaged with the UAE landscape from both within the UAE and around the globe
* FIND elucidates our shared global citizenry by leveraging artists/scholars to form dialogues and intersections between different cultures in the UAE with their creative/scholarly work
* FIND works to build connections between different communities through participatory workshops, digital initiatives, and events
* FIND celebrates a transmedia approach to ideas and creative work. We’re pushing the boundaries of physical and digital osmosis in our exhibitions, digital presence, events, civic engagement, and workshops
* FIND is an inclusive initiative that invites the participation of Emiratis, UAE residents, and anyone meaningfully engaged with the UAE
* FIND is an artistic and intellectual ecosystem that generates research and a digital archive for local, regional, and international communities
FIND components include Artist and Scholar Fellowships and Commissions, artist/scholar workshops, community workshops, events, digital participation initiatives, conferences, exhibits, and the digital presence.