Murray Hill is an unincorporated community located within portions of both Berkeley Heights and New Providence, located in Union County in northern New Jersey, United States.
It is the longtime central location of Bell Labs, having relocated there in 1941 from New York City when the division was still part of Western Electric. The neighborhood shares its ZIP code 07974 with the neighboring borough of New Providence.
Murray Hill was named and founded by Carl H. Schultz, founder of a mineral water business once located at First Avenue between 25th and 26th Streets in the Murray Hill district of Manhattan. Schultz purchased a large tract of land there during the 1880s where he built a residence for his family and donated land to be used for a train station with the condition that the area be known as "Murray Hill".