Cesena Cathedral is a Roman Catholic cathedral dedicated to Saint John the Baptist in the city of Cesena, Italy. It has been the episcopal seat of the present Diocese of Cesena-Sarsina since 1986, and was previously that of the Diocese of Cesena.
The building of the cathedral, to replace an older one, was authorised by a papal bull of Pope Urban VI in 1378. The works started in 1385 and were paid for by the generosity of Andrea Malatesta, the lord of the city. The building was completed around the year 1405. The construction, in Romanesque-Gothic style, is attributed to the architect Undervaldo.
The campanile was built between 1443 and 1457 to designs by the Maso di Pietro and funded by Bishop Antonio Malatesta da Fossombrone.
The same Bishop Malatesta was responsible for the building of the Bishop's Palace adjoining the cathedral, which was completed by his successor Giovanni Venturelli.
After the radical rebuilding of the 1960s the only surviving original part of the structure is what remains of the door on the eastern side. Also dating from the Renaissance period is the Chapel of Saint Tobias next to the cathedral, now in use as the cathedral museum.