Wimbish is a village and civil parish within Uttlesford, in Essex, England. The first recorded mention of the village was in 1042, when it was referred to as Winebisc. It was subsequently referred to as Wimbeis in the Domesday Book. The village has its own non-denominational primary school and a church. The church tower was partly destroyed by lightning in 1756, and was rebuilt in brick but was later taken down again in 1883.