The château holds a collection of horse-drawn vehicles and harnesses which were the passion of Henry Viguier. Mrs Viguier’s passion can be seen in the gardens and interiors.
The couple acquired the château of Bouges in 1917. At that time, Mr Viguier was the President and Managing Director of BHV. Mrs Viguier is descended from a family of weavers, Etablissements Normant, in Romorantin. As a result of their passions, the château of Bouges set the standard for hunting (small game). It also contains some exceptional 18th century furniture.
This virtual exhibition has been put together by teams from the Centre des monuments nationaux, with the help of teams from the Château de Bouges, the support of teams from the images unit and coordination by the digital unit.
The images were taken from Regards - Banque d’images des monuments © Centre des monuments nationaux.