We present in this exhibition some items from Tiradentes Palace, former headquarters of Chamber of Deputies in Rio de Janeiro from 1926 to 1960, when the capital of Brazil was transferred to Brasilia. Tiradentes Palace was specially built to house the Chamber of Deputies, which had been run until then in temporary buildings, unsuited for its proper working. Being aware of the details about the choice of the site, the architectural project, and the way the Palace was built, furnished, and occupied, somehow brings back the process of consolidation of the Brazilian Legislative.
CHAMBER OF DEPUTIES
SECRETARY OF SOCIAL COMMUNICATION
COLLECTION AND CURATORSHIP:
Cultural Center of the Chamber of Deputies: Museum Section
Institutional Photography Service