Palazzo Bonaparte
The Palace was built starting from 1658 on the wish of the D'Auctions Family. After a while, the Rinuccini Family in Florence acquired it. Letizia finally moved to Rome on August 15, 1815, following the definitive defeat of his son and his exile on the island of Sant'Elena. In this palace, purchased for 27,000 piastre by the Rinuccini Family in 1818, the Great Mère, as she was called, lived until his death in 1836.

From this balcony, added at a later time following the initial project, Letizia used to face every day to look at people walking by. When she became blind, her dame described the traffic to her.

Palazzo Ruspoli
Located between Via dei Condotti and Via del Corso, it is one of the most well-known buildings in Rome. It was realized on a project by Bartolomeo Ammannati in 1586 and commissioned by the Rucellai Family. From Rucellai, the palace's ownership passed to Caetani in 1629 which commissioned a series of works to expand and adapt the building. Bartolomeo Breccioli made the main façade, and Martino Longhi the Younger made, among other things, the staircase of honor made up of 100 marble steps. In the residence where the Ortensia Suite Beauharnais, the Queen consort of Holland lived with her son, the young Napoleon III, Emperor of the Second French Empire and nephew of Napoleon Bonaparte I. In this residence, Napoleon's mother III, Ortense, commissioned frescoes on the ceilings to recreate a French atmosphere aligned with her tastes. In 1859, Napoleon III's Napoleon Bonaparte's cousin married Cristina Ruspoli, establishing the bond between the Ruspoli and Bonaparte families. Among the many illustrious people who lived in Palazzo Ruspoli, we find the Anglo-German Georg Friedrich Händel, who composed the oratorio Resurrection, and in 1709 was also the chaplain master of Prince Francesco Maria Ruspoli.
Fun fact about Palazzo Ruspoli
Martino Longhi the Young realized the ladder of honor within the building made of 100 marble steps. The peculiarity of the staircase is that each step is made of only one piece of marble over three meters long. This staircase was considered one of Rome's four wonders with the Borghese cymbal, the Farnese nut, the Caetani staircase and the Carbonian door.
Villa Paolina Bonaparte
Villa Paolina Bonaparte is a splendid villa designed in 1750 by Cardinal Silvio Valenti Gonzaga, Secretary of State of Pope Benedict XIV. Its surface stretched, within the Aurelian Walls, from Porta Pia to Porta Salaria. It was purchased in 1816 by Paolina Borghese, sister of Napoleon Bonaparte, married to Prince Borghese, where she remained until 1824. After her, the Villa was inhabited by her nephew Zenaide Bonaparte (nephew of Giuseppe Bonaparte, Napoleon's older brother and Julie Clary ). It underwent serious damages following the capture of Rome. In fact, riflemen where found inside Villa Paolina when in 1870 they managed to cross the Aurora walls with the breach of Porta Pia. The Villa was owned by Germany until the Second World War and used as German embassy, ​​from 1920 to 1944. In 1945 the Reich's possessions were conquered by the Allies and France acquired it to set up its presence inside the Santa Sede.
Credits: Story

Exhibition edited by Youth Committee of the Italian Commission for UNESCO - Lazio: Antonio Geracitano, Marco Anzellotti, Vittoria Azzarita, Andrea Bangrazi, Ilaria Cacciotti, Francesca Candelini, Giovanni Cedrone, Carlotta Destro, Caterina Francesca Di Giovanni, Alessandra Feola, Paolo Ianniccari, Marta Lelli, Laura Leopardi, Ginevra Odone, Dario Saltari, Paolo Scipioni.

Youth Committee of the Italian National Commission for UNESCO

Credits: All media
The story featured may in some cases have been created by an independent third party and may not always represent the views of the institutions, listed below, who have supplied the content.
Translate with Google
Home
Explore
Nearby
Profile