This stained glass panel was made in 1897 for 'The Hill' at Witley in Surrey, and was commissioned by the then owner of the house, Mr. Edgar Horne, alongside another window titled ‘Flora’. The commission for these windows are well recorded in the Morris & Co. Catalogue of Designs which names the glass painters as George Campfield, Walters and Wren.
The original cartoon for this figure, drawn by Edward Burne-Jones, was first used at Jesus College Chapel, Cambridge in 1873. It was later reused at St.Nicholas, Halewood, Lancashire in 1881 and at Holy Trinity, Sloan Street, Chelsea from 1894 to 1895.
During the early years of the Firm, Morris & Co. had a close association with 'The Hill' when it was first owned by Myles Birket Foster. The house contained several works by Burne-Jones, Dante Gabriel Rossetti and Ford Madox Brown. It also had many Morris & Co. Stained glass windows included a series of seven panels designed by Burne-Jones illustrating Chaucer's 'Good Women', a series of roundels containing classical and Chaucerian heroines. Burne-Jones also designed a number of tile panels for the house which were made by Morris & Co. These included a series of tiles with the story of 'Cinderella' for a fireplace in one of the ground floor rooms and tile panels with the story of 'Sleeping Beauty' and 'Beauty and the Beast' for the bedrooms.