The Pisa tower is one of the four buildings that make up the cathedral complex in Pisa, Italy, called Campo dei Miracoli or Piazza dei Miracoli, which means Field of Miracles. Construction began in 1173 and was completed in the area of 200 years later. The tower has eight stories, including the chamber for the bells. The tower has an unattended lean. There have been many failed attempts to correct the lean.