View of Thian Hock Keng 天福宫 & Chong Wen Ge (Former Chong Hock Girls' School).
Chong-Wen Ge, or the “Institute for the Veneration of Literature”, was the first educational institute set up in 1849 by the Chinese community in Singapore. The school was housed in a pagoda to the leftof Thian Hock Keng Temple, which was the most important Hokkien Temple at the time. In 1915, the first Hokkien girls’ school, Chong Hock Girls’ School, was set up in the same compound.
For more photos of Telok Ayer conservation area, please click here.