Front and left hand side view. The Ford Model A replaced the famed Model T and was manufactured between 1927 and 1932. From the moment of its debut in December 1927 to February 1929 one million had been sold.
The Model A was considered more physically appealing than its predecessor. It was the first Ford to use the standard set of drive controls: a conventional clutch, brake pedals, throttle and a gear shift. It was also the first car to have a safety glass windshield (glass that holds together when shattered). The ride was a lot smoother than the Model T, Ford improved the axles and fitted hydraulic shock absorbers.
Engine: L-Head inline 4-cylinder
Capacity: 3285 cc
Power: 40 hp
Donated by Bill Bowmore.
At 40 hp the Model A delivered more than double the output of the Model Ts.