The 1656 Dutch Reformed Church in Albany eventually became too small for its growing congregation, which led to the construction of a new church building in 1715. That structure, depicted in this print, remained standing for nearly one hundred years. The weathercock from the old structure was removed and placed atop the new building. Stylistically, the 1715 church building resembled architecture common to the Dutch province of Zeeland. The building was razed in 1806.