Equestrian portrait of Francoise Madeleine Claude St.Géran, born de Warignes, with a view of the Palace of Versaille in the background.
The portrait belongs to a series of six at Skokloster Castle, all depicting Ladies of the French high court on horseback with similar landscape views in the background painted for Louis Marie Victoire, Duc d´Aumont. The paintings were given as a gift to or bought by the Swedish ambassador Count Nils Bielke during his stay in Paris 1679-82. The series were later transferred from Bielkes castle at Salsta to Skokloster Castle in 1756. All six paintings bear the inscription Pour Monseigr Le Duc Daumont on the back of the canvas.