Battersea Arts Centre was originally Battersea Town Hall. It was built in 1892-3 to designs by architect Edward William Mountford for the Vestry of St Mary Battersea. It was extended in 1899-1901 to designs by architect PE Pilditch. The exterior features Suffolk red brick and Bath stone.
The Borough of Battersea ceased to exist in 1965 and a public campaign helped to save the Town Hall from demolition. It was acquired on a lease by Battersea Arts Centre in 1981.
Historic England Archive DP148997