Zaragoza’s Mercado Central (also known as the Mercado de Lanuza) was designed in 1895, by the Aragonese architect Félix Navarro Pérez, to replace the original open-air market that stood in the old market place. The building was completed in 1903. Built around an iron structure, the building has a functional, well-balanced design. It has a rectangular footprint and 3 aisles, with the central one being the widest and highest. Navarro visited Paris and saw Les Halles market, which had a clear influence on his designs for the Mercado Central.