The chalice bears the date of its dedication (1756). It was donated, along with a handled censer, by the monk Iakovos Anastasiou. It is characterized by the delicately worked repoussé seraphim and floral designs. It seems that, during the second half of the 18th century, Smyrna became an important production centre of church silverware. The commercial activity between the city and Patmos, along with the role of the Metochion of the Monastery at Smyrna, ensured their close communication and explains the existence of many works from Smyrna at the Monastery.