The artifact is a yellowware chamber pot. It was excavated in Toronto by Archaeological Services Inc. in 2011. The site was occupied by the Toronto General Hospital built in 1819-1820 and demolished in 1862. Over 450 fragments were recovered during the excavation, corresponding to at least 21 chamber pots. The pot, almost complete, is decorated with a blue factory slip dotted floral pattern. Filling the washbasins and emptying the chamber pots were regular activities for the hospital staff.