The Chiechi House was originally built on lots #1 and #3, Block 6 of the Sainsevain Villa, property owned by Pierre and Paula Sainsevain, now part of Willow Glen. In 1876, the Sainsevains sold these lots to John and Jane Campbell, who built the original house.
The home and property were both sold and mortgaged several times before they were purchased in 1911 by Michael Chiechi, whose family lived at the 820 Northrup Avenue location for sixty years. Members of the Chiechi family were prominent orchardists in the Santa Clara Valley. The home was donated to History San José in 1973.