This watercolour by Wolfgang Lettl shows the square in front of Augsburg City Hall around the year 1950.
The central motif is Augsburg City Hall, built by Elias Holl between 1615 and 1624. It is considered the most important secular Renaissance building north of the Alps.
The Augustus Fountain is in the foreground.
The bottom part of the Perlach Tower appears towards the left of the painting.
At the right edge of the painting there is the wartime ruin of the stock exchange building, most of which had already been removed by 1949 except for the gound floor.