The ruins of Yaxchilan, discovered in 1881 by Edwin Rocktroh, are located in a bend of the Usumacinta River. It extends along the bank, on the level tops of some hills, heading towards the interior. Due to its monumental architecture, covering 130 constructions, and their extraordinary work in relief, Yaxchilan is one of the most important archaeological centers of Chiapas. The Main Plaza contains two major groups: the big and small Acropolis. There were mainly two sovereigns who conferred Yaxchilan the greatness that it presents nowadays: Kohkaaj? B’ahlam II (“Shield Jaguar”) that ruled between 681-742 AD and his son Yaxuun B’ahlam (“Bird Jaguar”) who ruled from 752 AD to 768 AD. The latter promoted the image of the city with great constructions like the ones that can still be appreciated today. During the Shield Jaguar II reign several lintels were produced, among which stands out the Structure 23 that shows scenes from self-sacrifice, and representations that commemorate the matrimony of the sovereign. The text at the top of the lintel in a T-shape states the name of the lord and his titles; Shield Jaguar II who appears dressed with battle coat holding a knife in his right hand; in front of him is Ix K´ab’al Xook “Lady Shark Fin”, main wife of the ruler offering the attire for the war: a flexible shield and a jaguar helmet. The hieroglyphic inscription includes in a discrete way the sign of the sculptor at the top right corner together with the date in which the monument was dedicated. The description continues on the lintel left side.Dra. Federica Sodi MirandaColaboradores: Arqlgo. Hugo Herrera Torres Araceli Ruiz Peláez Mtro. Hugo García Capistran.