This diorama was created in 1936-1937 for the original installations in the General Land Office alcove of the U.S. Department of the Interior Museum, which opened in March 1938. It depicts a grazing scene in the public domain. In the foreground are two men installing posts for a barbed wire fence. A watering trough is to their left. Two other men are huddled together in the middle foreground; one is seated atop a horse and the other is crouched by the horse's feet. A herd of sheep are to the right of these men; some are three-dimensional, and the rest are painted on the backdrop along with a man and dog, plus a house with outbuildings and a windmill. The landscape is sandy and flat with sparse, low vegetation. Records indicate that the site shown is one of the eight grazing districts in Utah established by the Taylor Grazing Act of 1934.