King William Street Underground station, City & South London Railway (C&SLR) which opened 18 December 1890, closed 24 February 1900. Interior view taken at the now disused station looking along a narrow central island platform enclosed within a semi-cylindrical brick tunnel. In the midground, a narrow wooden signal cabin rises above the platform, supported on stilts with a wooden stairway leading to a single door. The top of the cabinreaches the roof of the tunnel chamber. Rusty semaphore signals hang from the ceiling in the foreground. A wheelbarrow stands foreground right.