Work to create a factory on this marshy site began in 1929. The factory's wharf took deliveries of raw materials for processing at the site foundry. The first lorry was produced in 1931 and the first car in 1935. Vehicle assembly at Dagenham stopped in 2002, by which time the factory had produced almost 11 million vehicles.
Historic England Archive EPW055196.