A necklace with pearls and Brazilian diamonds, together with a brooch in the same style, was given to Wilhelmina by her fiancé Walther on the day of the announcement of their engagement, 30th April 1865.
Fifty-five years later, in 1920, Walther and Wilhelmina von Hallwyl donated their house at Hamngatan 4 in Stockholm to the Swedish state. The donation included the entire contents of the house, including two jewellery collections. One of these consists of collectors’ items whilst the other is the family’s personal jewellery. The diamond garniture is part of the personal collection.