In 1925, the Provincial Hall of Gyeongsangnam-do was a red-bricked fusion of Western classical and Japanese wooden architecture style. During the Korean War 1950-1953, when the government of the Republic of Korea moved to Busan, the building served as a temporary government office building but returned to its original function as the Gyeongsangnam-do Provincial Hall after the war. However, after the seat of Gyeongsangnam-do was moved to Changwon in July of 1983, the building was used by the Busan District Court as the District Public Prosecutors’ Office. In 2002, Dong-A University took over the building, and it currently is serving as the Seokdang Museum of Dong-A University.
Constructed of red brick, the building walls were made by stacking stone and brick on top of each other. The interior floor and ceiling were made of wood. After its construction, the inside of the building was changed in a variety of ways via three expansions, but in 2002, it was recognized as a piece of modern Korean history and designated Registered Cultural Heritage No. 41 (Government Headquarters of the Temporary Capital in Busan). In order to use this building as a museum, Dong-A University purchased the land around it and began construction in order to create a historical/cultural campus.