High backed upholstered chair, tumbling-block pattern in velvet upholstery.
This chair stood in the front hall of the Lincoln Home for many years next to a matching hat rack. Lincoln gave or sold both in 1861 to the Superintendent of Schools who had an office down the hall from his law office. The upholstery is made up of 31 different velvets in a tumbling block pattern. The Superintendent’s descendants gave both artifacts back to the Lincoln Home.