Silver parcel-gilt Hanukah lamp of hanging form. Backplate formed as an Ark of the Law, with hinged doors flanked by columns, and coronet above. Doors open to disclose a Hebrew inscription giving the blessing for lighting Hanukah lights. Cresting with applied cartouche and vase of flowers flanked by griffins with a large shell at top. The main columns are surmounted by lions and the burners with dolphin masks. The shaped apron below is chased with a figure lighting the Hanukkah lamp at the top of a flight of steps, before two other figures.
From Germany (possibly by Moses Haso of Altona, though evidence provided by the makers mark is inconclusive), c. 1770.