"In the year 1871 the English sewing machine manufacturer James Starley registered a high wheel bicycle, it was a progress based on Micheaux velocipede, popularly known as Michaulina that arrived to England by the Universal Exhibition of Paris 1867.
Different from the previous one as the “celerifer”, the “draisina” and the “michaulina” it was based on the principle that resistance to the propulsion decreases when the motor wheel diameter increases. The new model with the front wheel larger that the rear one, handlebars, seat, pedals, brake and solid rubber covers is considered as the bicycle precedent.
This one comes from the industrialist Francisco Pérez de Olaguer-Feliu, collection owner of the company “Construcciones Mecánicas Rex, S.A.” from Barcelona, dedicated to motor manufacture. In the year 1954 presented it to his stand in the Barcelona International Fair to show the velocipede evolution, together with his most symbolic product: The Rex motorized bike."