Jacqueline Cooper, pie and mash shop owner, and Lisa Hannaford. Opened in 1929 by Luigi Manze in Walthamstow, the Grade II listed pie shop's interiors were designed by architect Herbert Wright. The Manze family ran the east London eatery until 1970, and since 1988 Jacqueline has owned it with her family.
The first documented pie shop was opened on Union Street in Southwark in 1844. By 1874 there were 33 such shops listed in the London trade directories, rising to more than 100 by the middle of the 20th century.
List Entry Number 1416834.
Historic England Archive DP183328.