This edifice was built from 1867 to 1869, shortly after the ramparts demolition and Boulevard de la Croix-Rousse creation. The former city hall was located Place des Tapis. Two memorial plaques recall the “Voraces” action and the Canuts revolt from 1831 to 1834. The motto 'Vivre en travaillant ou mourir en combattant' (Live working or die fighting) appeared in 1831. Inside the City Hall is a loom with Jacquard mechanics. Going outside, take a look at Square Dejean with the sculpture of Salandre 'Le chant des Canuts' (song of the Canuts). Information City Hall : www.mairie4.lyon.fr.