An icon from a church altar. Previously it had been regarded as the work of a Byzantine master of the early - 13th century. V.N.Lazarev identified it as a work of the Pisa school dating from the last quarter of the 13th century.
Provenance: in the 19th century it had belonged to the Princes Galitskii and later to the Princes Osovetskii . It was acquired by Princess M.K.Tenisheva for the church at Talashkino and in 1908 she donated it to the Historical and Ethnographic Museum in Smolensk; in the Pushkin Museum since 1925.