This map comes fromw a leather bound volume entitled 'Deed of arrangement between William Strutt, George Benson Strutt and Joseph Strutt respecting their real estates, 2 Oct 1829'. It contains a chronological abstract of Strutt deeds, with maps showing the estate in Hazlewood, Ashleyhay (parish of Wirksworth), Crich, Heage, Belper, Duffield (including Milford), Derby parishes of All Saints and St Peter.
This particular map is of premises at St Peters Bridge on the Gaol Bridge in St Peters Street, in Bag Lane and Morledge, also showing two closes called Leonards Flat in the parishes of All Saints and St. Peters in the Borough of Derby. It shows the location of the Strutt mills in Derby.
Surveyor: Joseph BH Bennett
Scale: 1 chain to 1 inch