Hudson-Fulton memorials continued to be erected years after 1909, as projects conceived at the time came to fruition. One of these stands north of the museum at Odell Avenue: the 1924 idealized figure embodying the “Spirit of Discovery” by Yonkers sculptor Isidore Konti, atop a base designed by local architect Eric Kaeyer. Both men were trustees of this museum, which opened later that year.
This is a study for the monument. Atop the towering base stands the allegorical figure of Discovery, flanked on either side by Henry Hudson and Robert Fulton.