The central emblem of a floor mosaic inspired by the myth of Perseus that depicts the head of the Medusa. The preserved part was laid in situ by an
expert craftsman and its highlights are the scene of Perseus and Andromeda and this exceptional imported central emblem.
This is the finest of all the mosaics found in Tarraco. It was discovered in 1845 in the residential zone of the Roman city. It was transferred to the Archaeological Museum in 1857, during quarrying for the construction of the modern port . It would have been part of the floor decoration in a "domus".
Inventory number: MNAT 2921