The Nelson-DeLuz House was built about 1905 on the corner of South Eleventh and William Streets. A neo-classic bungalow with ship lap siding, it is in a style made popular by the local architectural firm of Wolfe and McKenzie. The classic features include the porch pillars and capitals, dentils at roof and windows, and decorative corbels and plaster ornaments at some of the windows and pediments. The gabled roof is a feature of the Bungalow style.
Kristena Nelson DeLuz’s family owned this house from about 1919. Kristena, who was raised in the house, married and lived out her life in the family home. Upon her death in 1986, she willed the house to the San José Historical Museum. The house was moved to History Park in 1987. Mrs. DeLuz was a home economics instructor at San Jose State and an active volunteer in the Museum’s Textile Collection.
The DeLuz House is home to History San José's affiliate, the Hellenic Heritage Institute.