The Cook's House was originally located near the main house. Later on, at the turn of the century, the structure was moved from its original location towards the northeast into an open field. After being moved, the house became a fishing camp-guest cabin for the plantation. The house is constructed of handmade cypress timbers with bousillage infill. The roof was covered originally with cypress shingles, now replaced with sheet metal. The structure is in a deteriorated condition with a large tree growing out of the northwest side.
Survey number: HABS LA-1192-A
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 79001073