"A situation that impressionist painters found particularly attractive was to paint each other. In the summer of 1890, the friendship between Santiago Rusiñol (Barcelona, 1861 - Aranjuez, 1931) and Ramon Casas (Barcelona, 1866 - 1932) took them to Sant Benet de Bages, where they created and signed this work together. Although it was not the first time they had painted each other, they had always worked separately, meaning that this is the only piece of work that has been painted with four hands.
Rusiñol is in the forefront of the painting, while Casas is in the background. It was possibly the latter who painted the ground because it is similar to solutions that he applied at that time. The figures are sitting in the shade, keeping away from the light that only appears on the wall in the background."