This 1929 painting is based on a photograph taken of the Executive Committee in a meeting on July 10, 1918. In November 1914, the Central Relief Committee and the American Jewish Relief Committee joined forces to create the Joint Distribution Committee for the Relief of Jewish War Sufferers (JDC). The People's Relief Committee joined in 1915. The groups appealed to their individual constituencies for support, but JDC coordinated distribution of the funds and centralized the Jewish war relief effort. Seated, from left: Felix M. Warburg, chairman; Louis Marshall; Albert Lucas, secretary; Mrs. F. Friedman, official stenographer; Boris D. Bogen, executive director; Leon J. Sanders; Harry Fischel; Sholem Asch; Alexander Kahn; Joseph Milch; Miss H.E. Lowenstein, comptroller; Col. Moses Schoenberg; Aaron Teitelbaum; Rabbi M.Z. Margolis; Israel Friedlander; Paul Baerwald, associate treasurer; Julius Levy; Peter Wiernik; Meyer Gillis; Harry Cutler; Dr. Cyrus Adler; Arthur Lehman, treasurer; and Jacob H. Schiff
Standing from left; Herbert H. Lehman; Abraham Zucker; Isidore Herschfield; Meyer Berlin; Stanley Bero; Lewis Topkis; and Morris Engelman.