On the wall of the entrance we can see a very beautiful representation of the face of Saint James. It is one of the less ancient frescoes in the hall. It dates to the first decades of the fourteenth century, when the city was divided into districts. The district of Saint James corresponded to the south-west area of Mantua. The Bonacolsi’s Statues of 1313 ordered that the patron Saints of the four parts of the town had to be painted over the thrones of the four justice consuls.