Pacheco Pereira founded in 1880,
Made of polychrome wood, it consists of two distinct areas from different periods: the most recent service area and the laboratory area.
With simple lines, the pharmacy consists of cabinets with shelves with glass doors at the top, drawers and wooden doors at the bottom of the furniture. Both areas are decorated with plant motifs, painted in bright colors such as green, orange, blue and yellow, with the possibility that the laboratory doors, due to their wide use, are no longer the original ones.
The service counter, with its wooden balustrade, prevents customers from entering the almost sacred place, where the pharmacist's helpers or apprentices sprayed drugs, weighed substances, mixed tinctures or manipulated ointments. Here you can see an excellent collection of 19th century pharmacy ceramics from different manufacturers.
In addition to the ceramic set, we can also admire several colorless and yellow glass pharmacy bottles with their original labels, highlighting the collection of colorless glass bottles that belonged to PHARMÁCIA EMILIO FRAGOSO.
Emílio Fragoso (1859-1939) was the head of the pharmaceutical service at the Civil Hospitals of Lisbon, having demonstrated himself as a preparer of pharmaceutical specialties, in the last decade of the last century, namely granular medicines.