This plan shows the houses and land at Milford, near Belper in Derbyshire which belonged to Anthony Radford Strutt (1791-1875) and the company W.G. & J. Strutt.
Anthony Radford Strutt was the grandson of Jedediah Strutt, who with Richard Arkwright founded the first of the cotton mills along the Derwent Valley at Cromford. Jedediah Strutt then established his own mills in Belper and Milford, further down the valley. After his death in 1797, his company was taken over by his sons William, George and Joseph Strutt and became known as W.G. & J Strutt.