This pro-female suffrage propaganda poster was designed and printed at the Suffrage Atelier in Shepherd's Bush, west London. The woman is denied entry at the door of what is presumably the Houses of Parliament, the heart of British 'Political Power'. Attached to the door is a sign saying 'Electors Only'.
The Atelier was founded in London in February 1909 with the aim of encouraging artists 'to forward the Women's Movement, and particularly the Enfranchisement of Women, by means of pictorial publications'. The organisation was well-known for its handmade wood block prints, stencilling, and etchings that were used as propaganda for the Votes for Women campaign.