Newspaper clipping of an engraving, titled beneath "THE NEW GRAND STAND, MELBOURNE CRICKET GROUND". The print depicts a large grandstand building that fronts onto a large playing field. The Grandstand is packed with spectators, and two men in white and a dog run across the field in the foreground. Five different flags have been hoisted above the grandstand. This issue of the paper was published on January 20th, 1877, not long after the extension of the stand had been completed in 1876. Newsprint on reverse. The print was cut from a page of the "Australasian Sketcher" publication.