Sheet Metal with wooden base containing advertising design brand Chartreuse liqueurs.
Chartreuse liqueur recipe comes from the French Carthusian monks, specifically Marshal d'Estrees, who in 1605 gave them the formula. The monks developed the beverage from the s. XVIII in the monastery of La Grande Chartreuse, near Grenoble. In the s. XX Carthusian monks were expelled from France, so they settled in Tarragona, where they continued making their liquor under the name of "Liqueur fabriquée à Tarragone par les Pères Chartreux". La Chartreuse distillery in Tarragona was located in the lower part of the city, in Plaça dels Infants, near the port and the railway station from 1904 until 1989. In 1990 it ceased production in the factory Chartreuse Tarragona and today is produced exclusively Chartreuse in Voiron, France, where they were accepted again after the Second World War.