Meyer and on collections of arms and armor by Miss Anita Reinhardt. Mention should also be made of the scholars who prepared the Harvard lists which have been constantly used in preparing our maps.
The following are members of the Committee staff working at the Frick Library:
Members of the Committee: William B. Dinsmoor, Sumner McK. Crosby, C.R. Morey
Research workers: William L. M. Burke, Marguerite Focillon, Jane A. Mull, Anne P . Peabody
Secretary: Kathryn H. Springer
Draftsmen: Rosalind Strumpf, Eleanor C. Temple
Part-time helpers: Mrs. K. S. Rorimer, Mrs. Charles Sterling, Mrs. Georges Seltz
Volunteer worker: Mrs. Norma S. Thompson
In cooperation with the staff of the Frick Art Reference Library, the Committee has restricted the space used in its work and the Library has been able to open its door once more to the public as of January 3, 1944. Members of the staff of the Library as well as the photographic resources are still of invaluable assistance to the Committee's work. The Metropolitan Museum is likewise still carrying a large share of the burden of producing five positive copies of every map, in addition to supplying us with office space and such incidental expenses as mail, telephone, etc.
The fact that the majority of the maps
will be finished in the near future does not mean that the work of the Committee is in any way to be terminated. Plans are already underway to complete and perfect our file dealing with war damaged buildings and collections in the war areas. This will be a long undertaking; but it should be noted that different government agencies are already interested in the data being accumulated in these files. The primary purpose of the file is to provide factual information useful for the post-war restitution of loot and the settlement of damage claims.