This case is where the official seal of the Capital Guards Command was kept. On the front, metal Chinese characters for Capital Guards Command are attached. The Capital Guards Command was one of new military establishments by King Gojong of Joseon after the Military Munity of 1882. It was established to reinforce the defense of the royal palace and capital city. The king installed the Five Commands, modern army forces, including the Right, Left, Front, Rear, and Separate garrisons, as well as the Capital Guards Command which was responsible for finance and military supplies for the five garrisons.