Lviv. 15th century
Lead; casting, engraving
d 36 mm, h 20 mm
The central part of the seal is filled with hexagonal stars and a short, “tubby” jug with three long-stemmed five-leaf flowers at its core. The following Latin inscription written in small Gothic letters can be seen between two concentric circles: “+ s + lutifigulorum + leopoliensis + ceche” (S[eal] of Lviv Potters Guild).
The oldest guild seal matrix in the collection of Lviv Historical Museum.
This item was received by Lviv Historical Museum from the former Lviv City Historical Museum in 1940, where it was sent from the City Archive.