The papers of educator Fannie C. Williams include over 250 photographs documenting the Claiborne Avenue Branch of the YMCA in New Orleans, Louisiana. Williams served as an organizer, charter member, and first president of the branch, which served the African American population of the city. It was located originally at 1609 North Robertson Street prior to the construction of a new building at Cleveland and South Claiborne Avenues. This photograph displays a speech class for adults and a dance for the Les Jeunes Filles. This photograph includes a demonstration of business machines as part of an Office Workers Institute and a sewing class for girls sponsored by the Y-Teen Department.