A divided chamber of tank allowed the company to carry various products all depending on the needs of the customers including kerosene, gasoline, oil, etc. After transportation, the oil/ kerosene/ gasoline would be dispensed into refillable containers owned by the customers; often (especially later) this would be a large glass jar with a metal spout, although in rural areas the containers were more crude. The wooden compartment at the rear of the oil wagon most likely held cans of grease, empty bottles and containers. These wagons were used into the 1920's and 1930's. This wagon was donated by the President of Standard Oil, B. Brewster Jennings (1944-1958).